Thursday, April 23, 2009

Memorex MMP8568-ACM (1 GB) MP3 Player

It's a reasonable little player, although I don't think I would have been happy paying the full $70 price. At the sale price I paid of $35 I can't complain too much.

Let's start with the positives...

-Nice size and super lightweight

-Hold button so you can pop it into your pocket or purse and not accidentally hit buttons

-Decent enough memory with 1gb

-Shuffle play mode so it plays all of my music in random order

-Easy to load music on and off of...you can use Windows Media Player to sync music

-Battery lasts a pretty long time...sometimes I play it at work all day and it goes for almost 8 hours

-It's preloaded with lots of music...I plugged it in in the car when I bought it and it was cool to hear it right away...definitely good for someone who doesn't want to mess around with it too much right away (such as non-technical people or kids)

-Nice durable burgundy and black rubber design


Okay and now the down and dirty details (negatives)...

-Have to hit buttons sometimes three times before getting a response...I think this is due to the fact that the screen goes off while it's playing...kindof a sleep mode, which does save on battery though

-Can only charge via USB...although you can get those USB plugs now for the car and home

-Preloaded music cannot be removed

-No accessories specifically designed for it, but you can find cases and other items that are made for Nano players and other similarly sized models

No comments:

Post a Comment